Instagram is a popular social media platform among the youth. This allows users to communicate with each other by sending messages, photos and videos. It also provides the users with an option to hide their chats on Instagram. This feature helps keep private conversations away from snooping and ensures user data remains secure. In this article, we will be discussing how you can Hide Chats On Instagram in few simple steps. We’ll also discuss some examples of how to use this feature.
How to hide chat on Instagram via vanishing mode
On Instagram, there is no official archive chats feature. However, Instagram does have a feature called “Vanish Mode” that allows messages to disappear after they are viewed. Here’s how you can use Vanish Mode in Instagram:
Here’s how to archive a chat using “Vanish” mode:
- Open the Instagram app and navigate to your messages
- Select the chat you want to enable Vanish Mode for. Once the chat is open, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold. You should see a message indicating that Vanish Mode has been activated.
- Your old chats won’t be visible in Vanish Mode
- Messages sent or received in Vanish Mode will disappear after they are seen. You can continue to chat as usual, and the messages will be instantly removed from the chat thread.
- Long swipe up on the screen again to view the archived chat.
How to hide chats on Instagram via professional account
First, you need to switch your personal account to a professional account. Here are the steps to switching to a creator account on Instagram:
1. Open the Instagram app and select the profile icon.
2. Select the menu icon (three vertical lines).
3. Navigate to “Settings.” Under “Settings,” select “Account.“
4. Scroll to the bottom and click “Switch to Professional Account.”
5. At the bottom of the next four pages, click “Continue” until you reach the list of professional categories.
6. Choose a suitable category for your account and click “Done” at the bottom of the page.
7. On the next page, choose “Creator,” then click “Next.”
8. A page with the title “Changes to your safety settings” will appear. Simply click “OK”; you can change the settings afterwards. Now you’ve switched to a professional account, you can edit your profile later.
Hide chats on Instagram via Creator Account
By relocating the chat to the general part, you can technically hide the chat by removing it from the viewable primary section.
To transfer a chat to the general section, do the following:
1. Open your direct messages.
2. Scroll to the desired chat and long-press on chat.
3. Choose “Move to General.”
4. Now change your account to personal account. Now you can see that the message which you had sent in general has disappeared.
5. If you want to get that chat back then change your account to professional account again.
So, those are the methods for hiding your Instagram messages. As already mentioned, there are no straightforward techniques for hiding Instagram chats. Vanish mode is ideal for disguising earlier conversations, but it does not save your conversion. As a result, you must create a professional account and transfer your talk to the general section. Switching to professional provides additional benefits, so you might as well move to a creator account.