As a Linux user, you know the power of the command line. But sometimes, even the most seasoned Linux user can find themselves stuck when trying to accomplish a task. That’s where these pro Linux command tricks come in.
With these tricks up your sleeve, you’ll be able to tackle even the most challenging tasks with ease. From navigating the file system to managing processes, these tips will help you get the most out of the Linux command line.
So without further ado, let’s get started!
1. Switch back to the last working directory
2. Go back to home directory
3. List the contents of a directory
4. Running multiple commands in one single command
command_1; command_2; command_3
5. Easily search and use the commands that you had used in the past
6. Copy Paste in Linux terminal
Ctrl+Shift+C for copy and Ctrl+Shift+V for paste
7. Empty a file without deleting it
8. Find if there are files containing a particular text
grep -Pri Search_Term path_to_directory
9. Using help with any command
10. Move to beginning or end of line
Ctrl+A to go to the beginning of the line and Ctrl+E to go to the end.
It is best to avoid these commands if you don’t know what you are doing.