WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps, with over one billion monthly active users. And because it’s so popular, there are a lot of ways to use it to your advantage. One of the coolest things you can do is Message Yourself – this is a feature that allows you to send a message to yourself without having to contact the person who sent the original message.
This can be really useful if you want to keep a message confidential, or if you want to send a message to multiple people and don’t want to have to contact each of them individually. You can also use Message Yourself to send yourself quick reminders or alerts. So if you ever need to remember something, or if you want to be alerted about an important event, Message Yourself and be sure that you’ll never forget what you need to know!
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to send messages yourself on WhatsApp. You can now send messages directly from WhatsApp without having to go through other people.
Message Yourself on WhatsApp
The message yourself feature is not a new feature for power users, in fact. The ability to send messages to your own phone number using WhatsApp’s URL link has been around for a long time.
However, not everyone wants to use a URL to begin using the feature, which is why the same feature has now been integrated into WhatsApp.
Here’s how to access and Use the message yourself feature on WhatsApp for iPhone and Android:
- Open WhatsApp and Click on New chat icon on the bottom right of the screen.
- At the top of the list of contacts, you will see your name with “Message yourself” under it.
- Select your profile to open a new chat.
- A chat window will open just like a regular chat. Here you can type and send messages to yourself.
You can send yourself messages on WhatsApp just like you would in any other chat by opening the app and selecting the ‘Message myself’ feature in the ‘About’ section.
Your profile will appear in the list of contacts, either in the ‘Frequently contacted’ or ‘Recent chats’ section, next to your name with ‘(You)’ written in brackets to identify it as your own profile.
Depending on how often you use this feature, your profile will either appear in the Frequently contacted or Recent chats list.
Make A WhatsApp Group to Message Yourself
The message Yourself is being rolled out to all WhatsApp users globally, but there’s a workaround if you want to create a bookmarks chat in the messaging app. This hack has been around for years and many people have been using it, so let’s take a look at it:
- Firs click on New chat icon on the bottom right of the screen.
- Now Choose New Group Option
3. Now You need to add only one person to make this group you can also add your second number to make this group. Once you’ve added them to the group, go ahead and give it a name. Then, tap the “Checkmark” button at the bottom right to finish.
4. To remove a participant from your conversation, long-press their name and then tap the “Remove [participant name]” option in the context menu that appears. Finally, tap “OK” in the pop-up window to confirm your action.
You can use this WhatsApp group chat to send messages to yourself, save memes, videos, and more. As you can see, you are the only participant in this chat right now.