What is Recon-ng?
Recon-ng is a powerful open source web reconnaissance tool written in Python. It provides a command-line interface that can be used to gather information about a given target domain. The interactive console provides a number of helpful features, such as command completion and contextual help. Recon-ng is highly modular, allowing users to easily add and remove modules as needed. It also has built-in support for interacting with a number of popular databases, making it easy to store and retrieve data. Overall, Recon-ng provides an excellent environment for conducting open source web-based reconnaissance.
Installation of Recon-ng:
$ git clone https://github.com/lanmaster53/recon-ng.git $ cd recon-ng $ pip3 install -r REQUIREMENTS
Uses of Recon-ng:
- Recon-ng is a complete package of Information gathering tools.
- Recon-ng can be used to find IP Addresses of target.
- Recon-ng can be used to look for error based SQL injections.
- Recon-ng can be used to find sensitive files such as robots.txt.
- Recon-ng can be used to find information about Geo-IP lookup, Banner grabbing, DNS lookup, port scanning, sub-domain information, reverse IP using WHOIS lookup .
- Recon-ng can be used to detects Content Management Systems (CMS) in use of a target web application,
- InfoSploit can be used for WHOIS data collection, Geo-IP lookup, Banner grabbing, DNS lookup, port scanning, sub-domain information, reverse IP, and MX records lookup
- Recon-ng is a complete package (TOOL) for information gathering. This tool is free and Open Source.
- Recon-ng subdomain finder modules is used to find subdomains of a singer domain.
- Recon-ng can be used to find robots.txt file of a website.
- Recon-ng port scanner modules find closes and open ports which can be used to maintain access to the server.
- Recon-ng has various modules that can be used to get the information about target.
Recon-ng has been installed on your Kali Linux .Now type command
┌──(ankit㉿hackreveal)-[~] └─$ recon-ng [*] Version check disabled. _/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/_/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/_/ /\ / \\ /\ Sponsored by... /\ /\/ \\V \/\ / \\/ // \\\\\ \\ \/\ // // BLACK HILLS \/ \\ www.blackhillsinfosec.com ____ ____ ____ ____ _____ _ ____ ____ ____ |____] | ___/ |____| | | | |____ |____ | | | \_ | | |____ | | ____| |____ |____ www.practisec.com [recon-ng v5.1.2, Tim Tomes (@lanmaster53)] [*] No modules enabled/installed. [recon-ng][default] >
[recon-ng][default] > help Commands (type [help|?] <topic>): --------------------------------- back Exits the current context dashboard Displays a summary of activity db Interfaces with the workspace's database exit Exits the framework help Displays this menu index Creates a module index (dev only) keys Manages third party resource credentials marketplace Interfaces with the module marketplace modules Interfaces with installed modules options Manages the current context options pdb Starts a Python Debugger session (dev only) script Records and executes command scripts shell Executes shell commands show Shows various framework items snapshots Manages workspace snapshots spool Spools output to a file workspaces Manages workspaces
On your first load of recon-ng
[*] No modules enabled/installed.