Sherlock is a free and open-source tool that may be found on GitHub. This tool is free; you may get it from Github and use it for free. Sherlock is skilled at locating usernames on 300 different social media platforms. As you may already be aware, many individuals create accounts on social media sites using their real names.
Consider a situation when we need to find someone on a social media site like Facebook, Instagram, etc. To do this, we must visit multiple websites and perform repeated, individual searches. Sherlock makes it simple for us to locate someone’s social media presence online. Sherlock looks up usernames across 300 social media websites and then delivers the relevant link for that social media platform.
Disclaimer : Only for educational purpose.
- It is a free and open-source software application.
- Sherlock is written in the Python programming language.
- Sherlock is used to look for usernames.
- It does a search on 300 social media platforms.
- It searches 300 websites for usernames using a Python script.
- Sherlock requests a username and then searches for it on other social media platforms.
Sherlock Installation :
Clone the repository
$ git clone https://github.com/sherlock-project/sherlock.git
change the working directory to sherlock
$ cd sherlock
install the requirements
$ python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt
Run command :
python3 sherlock username
Note: Several accounts will be displayed. Do not assume that the same author created all of the accounts. It’s possible that some accounts were made on multiple platforms by different people. Therefore, how you describe the original accounts on different social networking platforms relies on you. Collect information with extreme caution.